Innovating along the value chain from production to food consumption
About this event: New technologies and emerging innovations offer companies prospects for the future and for growth. In order for interested Swiss players to access this potential, Innosuisse supports long-term Networking Event Series on key topics such a sustainable nutrition.
Sustainable food production is a major issue. The objective of this event is to stimulate the innovation of economic actors such as SMEs and startups along the value chain from production to consumption, helping them to initiate technology-based innovation projects through connection with research centers. Companies will thus be able to optimize their processes, products and business model, contributing to their development while positively impacting the sustainability of the agro-food ecosystem.
Concrete results with measurable impacts and the creation of a community of interest are the added values that will motivate stakeholders to get involved in the Innosuisse NTN-Booster “Swiss Food Ecosystems” program co-led by the Food and Nutrition Cluster from Fribourg and Food Research from Zurich. In addition, Innosuisse promotes connection with international players who can promote the business development of Swiss SMEs / startups.
- 1.30 Welcome and visit of the exhibition
- 2.00-4.00 Plenary Welcome by Suzanne Hraba-Renevey
CEO & Co-Founder of Business
- In The canton of Vaud: a Foodtech innovation hub by Raphael Conz
Business Unit Manager SPEI
- Innovating in food production: why and how? by Christian Schwab
Director of Integrative Food & Nutrition Center EPFL, Member of the Swiss Food and Nutrition Valley committee
- Innovating from farm to fork: example of the potato by Geneviève Gassmann
Member of the Fenaco management, Head of the French-speaking Switzerland region
- A pilot test center to accelerate innovation by Julie Schuepbach
Project and Marketing Manager, Agropôle de Molondin
- Co-innovation enlightened thanks to consumer trends by Jérôme Barra
Vice President InnoTech Firmenich
- 4.00-4.30 Coffee break, Speed dating, visit to the exhibition
- 4.30-5.30 Breakouts
1) Innovation tools for SMEs: Innosuisse – NTN Innovation Booster “Swiss Food Ecosystems”, Joël Reinhard, Innovation Manager, Cluster Food & Nutrition
2) International Perspectives: examples from Europe, Singapore, Israel, Dubai
3) How can R&D centers better understand the needs of SMEs?
- 5.30-6.30 Plenary Round table moderated by Bilan (TBC) with:
– Zina Singer, Head of the Innovation Center of the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
– Camille Bossel, Co-Founder & COO @ Foodhack
– Isabelle Schluep, Director of Sustainable Impact, Center for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, University of Zurich
– Lucas Grob Innovation manager @ Swiss Food Research (TBC)
- 6.30-7.30 Aperitif, networking and visit to the exhibition